South Carolina Veterinary Technician of the Year
This award is presented to a South Carolina licensed veterinary technician who has made outstanding contributions as a professional in the past year.
The 2012 South Carolina Veterinary Technician of the year award was shared by three deserving technicians from across the state, Erin Bouchillon, LVT, Cindy Willard LVT, and Michelle Parks, LVT.
SCAVT Student Leadership Award
This award is presented to recognize the student who serves their student organization, veterinary technology program and their profession with outstanding effort.
The winning student will receive a one year membership to SCAVT for the upcoming year, recognition in the SCAVT newsletter and be honored in the SC update for the NAVTA Journal.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Advisors and Program director must agree on one student.
- Student must be a member of their student chapter of NAVTA and SCAVT.
- Student must display an extraordinary desire to lead the professional recognition to a higher standard.
- Student should be involved in actively promoting their program as well as their profession.
- Nomination should be made by March 1st of each year.
- Award will be delivered in May prior to the graduation/pinning ceremony