Come join the Daniel Island Animal Hospital patient care team! We are a growing 5 doctor (2.5 full time equivalent) family veterinary practice located within the beautiful, pet-friendly, Charleston community of Daniel Island. In addition to our dedication to providing great medical care and client service, we emphasize work-life balance and a strong team environment to foster a long, successful career in the veterinary profession and with our hospital.
Applicants must have completed (or be eligible for Spring graduation from) an AVMA-Accredited Veterinary Technician Program. If not yet licensed within the state of South Carolina, completion of those requirements are expected within the first 6 months of employment. Upcoming graduates welcome!
Our team of licensed technicians are involved with all things patient care including obtaining medical histories, monitoring anesthesia, reading cytologies, placing catheters, taking radiographs, maintaining digital SOAP style medical records (AVImark), and communicating pertinent information to clients, veterinarians, and other DIAH team members. Additionally, our technicians are called upon to train and educate our assistants who are employed to help keep the appointment and surgery schedules running smoothly by handling patients, prepping lab samples, filling prescriptions, and nonstop cleaning!
This is a full-time position with an average weekly schedule of 35-40 hours including one Saturday morning per month. Candidates must be able to arrive at work by 7:45am and stay until 6pm or shortly thereafter throughout the week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50 - $18.00/hour
- Tiered paid time off starting at 62 hours/year plus 6 paid holidays
- Inclusion in a team performance-based bonus system
- Discounted veterinary care
- Uniform allowance
- Paid continuing education, license renewal, and relevant memberships
- Wellness stipend totaling $1560/year to help with medical expenses after 3 months employment
We are a fast-paced small animal practice located in the heart of Myrtle Beach. Our team consists of two full time and two part time veterinarians, along with a large support crew of technicians, receptionists, and boarding staff. We are a full service veterinary hospital with state-of-the-art equipment. Other services we offer include boarding and bathing. At VCMB, we value high quality veterinary medicine and customer service, the education of our staff, and the bond we create between our clients, patients, and especially each other. We are looking to add another fervent all-star member to our group! We are looking for a motivated and educated individual with a strong work ethic and exceptional client service skills, who can give our local community the high quality care all of our pets deserve!
As a VCMB Technician you will:
- Always keep in mind that patient care trumps all
- Client Service means hand holding clients with ALL services
- Proper knowledge and skills for OP appointments and IP procedures
- Skills include, but not limited to: Proper animal handling, educating clients, maintain proper medical charting, accurate dosing of medication, administering injections, blood draws, IV catheter placement, IP monitoring, anesthesia monitoring
- Navigate AviMark software efficiently
- Various other duties may be assigned under the direction of the Owner, Hospital Manager, Reception Manager or Boarding Manager
- This position requires excellent customer service skills, and an exceptional level of communication in a professional manner. The ability to multitask, stay organized and focused. This position requires a huge amount of public contact, therefore you must be a "people person" and enjoy interacting with clients and pets